Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Exercises For Correction Of Posture And Shoulder Immobilization:
- Breathing Exercise: Back lying position with hands behind head. Breathe in and touch elbows to mat. Breathe out and touch elbows together.
- Serratus Exercise: Back lying. Hold elbows straight and reach for the ceiling so both shoulders clear the table.
- Middle Trapezius Exercise: Face lying. Arms out to side (perpendicular to your body). Elbows bent with hands near ears. Squeeze shoulder blades together.
- Erector Spinae Exercise: Face lying. Arms at side. Head left. Shoulders and arms up. Hold for five seconds.
- Lower Trapezius Exercise: Face lying with arms overhead (elbows straight). Lift arms.
- Pectoral Mobilization: Stand in corner. Place one hand on each wall (keeping arms perpendicular to body). Lean chest into corner.
- Upper Trapezius Exercise: Shoulder shrugging against resistance.
- Sidebend Neck To Opposite Side: Attempt to touch ear to shoulder without shrugging shoulders. Relax and repeat.
- Standing Exercise: Stand facing a corner of a room with one hand on each wall, arms at shoulder level, palms forward, elbows bent and stomach muscles tightened. SLOWLY let upper part of trunk lean forward into corner. Return to original position by pushing with hands.