To schedule an appointment with one of our doctors, please call 412-283-0260 or toll free at 888-817-2019. In order for us to be prepared to give you the best possible care, please let us know the following information when you call to schedule an appointment:
- Have you seen any of our doctors before?
- What kind of problem are you having?
- How long have you been experiencing these symptoms?
- Is this problem related to an accident or injury? If so, when did the accident or injury occur? *Have you had any x-rays or MRI tests regarding this problem?
- Do you have a preference as to which doctor you see?
Also, please remember to:
- Contact your primary care physician for a referral if your insurance plan requires one before you are seen by a specialist.
- Bring your insurance cards and any required co-payment with you to your visit. Payment is expected on the day of your appointment. For your convenience, we accept cash, personal checks, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover credit cards.
- If you have had recent x-rays or MRIs taken, please bring them with you for the doctor to review.
South Hills Orthopaedic Surgery Associates accepts most insurance plans. If you have any questions regarding your insurance carrier’s participating providers, please contact your insurance representative. We also accept Worker’s Compensation assignments, provided we are on your employer’s panel of physicians. Please check with your employer’s human resources department if you have any questions regarding your worker’s compensation coverage.
Please remember that all professional services rendered are charged to the patient. We will fill out the necessary forms to send to your insurance carrier. However, if we do not hear from the insurance company within 6 weeks, it is your responsibility to follow up on the claim. Also remember that you are responsible for any amount not covered by your individual insurance plan. If payment is not received within 60 days, your account will be considered delinquent. Patients with no insurance coverage may establish an installment plan for payment for any outstanding charges. Please contact our billing department at 412-283-0260 ext. 2 with any questions or concerns you may have.
Notice of Privacy Practices
To maintain each patient’s right to privacy, South Hills Orthopaedic Surgery Associates has implemented policies and procedures to carry out the comprehensive Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) medical privacy regulations. These policies describe how medical information about you, or a patient for whom you are a personal representative, may be used and disclosed, and how to get access to this information. If you have any questions regarding these policies, or if you would like a copy of the Notice of Privacy Practices for South Hills Orthopaedic Surgery Associates, please contact our Privacy Officer at 412-283-0260.